In today’s data-focused business world, license compliance is more important than ever – and businesses of all sizes need to invest in regular Oracle software license audits to make sure that they are in compliance.
As your business grows, it’s common to unintentionally become non-compliant – unregulated downloads, the use of Oracle Database options, and growth of Oracle databases can lead your organization to use more Oracle databases than you’re licensed for, which could result in stiff penalties if you’re caught off guard by an audit.
That’s why, at Cornerstone, we offer soft Oracle software license audit services. Using our Oracle audit management software and custom scripts, we can review your Oracle installations and licensing to identify potential licensing gaps – before they become costly audit problems.
Our Soft Audit Process – Understanding The Basics
Our “soft audit” uses Oracle Audit Equivalent tools to scan your entire installation base for Oracle software – encompassing all Oracle products, multiple digital environments, and installations in varied geographies. This process includes:
- Analysis of hosts on network – We begin with a full, comprehensive analysis of all hosts on the network, and identify all Oracle products that your company is using. We scan every single environment for Oracle systems. This includes:
- Data Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Remote Mirroring
- Database-level scans – Our database-level scans identify each individual Oracle database at a system level, ensuring that we identify all of the databases used in your business.
- Installed product identification – By identifying each individual installed Oracle product, we can provide you with a comprehensive overview of the licenses you need, and compare them to your current licenses to ensure compliance.
- Identification of used feature sets – Not only can we identify products, but we also scan your individual Oracle feature sets, to ensure that you are compliant with any additional licensing needed for particular Oracle database and product features.
- Statistical analysis & data on product/feature use – Once your audit is complete, we can provide you with a report on the overall use of individual Oracle products and features. Not only does this give you a high-level overview of your required licenses, but it can help you eliminate minimally-used or unused Oracle products and services.
Once your soft audit is complete, we will compare your Oracle install base to your license records, and provide you with a comprehensive report, including recommendations for bringing your licensing in line with your usage, if necessary.
Protect Yourself From Penalties And Legal Action – Contact CDSI Now
With our unique, proprietary tools and scripts, you can have confidence, and know that no stone is left unturned. If any license issues crop up after your audit, you can take action and get your licenses in line – which could prevent costly litigation or penalties from Oracle! Contact CDSI now for your audit, and make sure you’re protected.
WHY COMPANIES CHOOSE US
- We provide a personalized experience
- Thought & strategic leadership is included for all our clients
- Flexible arrangements working on-site or remote
- Boutique services, so that you don't pay for services you don't need
- One-on-one support & training for your staff
- We provide you with expert-level resources with real world experience