Cornerstone Data Systems, Inc.is a Cloudera Partner and offers Hadoop Administration Services for organizations seeking to deploy big data analytic technology solutions.
Cloudera Hadoop Administration Services
- Implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig, Impala, Sqoop and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster administration and maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager Enterprise.
- Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of Hadoop Ecosystem using tools such as Cloudera Manager
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Hadoop cluster job performance tuning and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring.
- HDFS support and maintenance.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
DBA Services Delivered as Hadoop Administrator:
- Data modeling, design & implementation based on recognized standards.
- Software installation and configuration.
- Database backup and recovery.
- Database connectivity and security.
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Disk space management.
- Software patches and upgrades.
- Automate manual tasks.