What Is Cloud Solutions Technology?
What are the Various Cloud Solutions Technology Options?
Cloud solutions technology enables sharing and delivery of computing services over the internet. It provides users access to servers, storage, software, and files via internet-enabled devices such as computers, tablets, smartphones, and wearables.
Rather than storing programs and resources on a computer hard drive, cloud computing allows users to keep them in a remote database. Simply put, cloud solutions technology makes it possible to access, process, and store data in a separate location from end-users.
Most cloud computing solutions fall under three main categories. Knowing these services can help you scale your business in the right direction.
- IaaS – Infrastructure as a Service
The IaaS gives you access to storage, virtual machines, firewalls, networks, servers, and other infrastructure. This solution is perfect for companies that develop specialized applications or programs but are not ready to spend time and resources purchasing the storing, maintaining, and setting up equipment. Instead, they opt for a ready-to-use solution from a cloud provider.
- SaaS – Software as a Service
SaaS allows users to access software applications over the internet without necessarily having to install, store, or download them into their devices. Most SaaS computing services are obtained through subscriptions made either monthly or annually.
- PaaS – Platform as a Service
PaaS is a cloud computing service that offers developers a simplified platform for creating, testing, managing, and delivering software applications. This solution makes it easier for developers to conveniently develop mobile applications, programming projects, and other software products without worrying about managing the databases, storage, and services needed for development.
Cloud Computing Deployment Models
Cloud computing solutions exist in various forms that function differently from each other.
The private cloud model is delivered from an organization’s data center to specific users, usually internal users. These services are given on a private network and help a company build and maintain a unique cloud infrastructure.
The public cloud model lets a third-party cloud service company deliver the services through servers over the internet. These services are often sold in demand, either per minute or hour, and you only pay for the bandwidth and CPU cycles you consume.
The hybrid cloud model combines both private and public cloud services. This solution creates a unified, scalable, and automated environment that utilizes the services offered by both private and public models, giving you the flexibility to optimize the user’s infrastructure.
Want to Shift to the Cloud? Contact Cornerstone Data Systems Inc.
Cornerstone Data Systems Inc. is an IT services company that helps companies transition to the cloud seamlessly. We can lead your team into the cloud using three simple steps:
- Set up needs assessment call – Our IT experts will listen and understand your IT needs.
- Discovery Session – We will examine your systems and databases and identify those that need attention before determining the best way to meet your needs.
- Get a customized plan – Once we discover your needs, our team will provide a solution that works for your business.
Contact us today for a needs assessment call.
Start a conversation about Managed Services
- We provide a personalized experience
- Thought & strategic leadership is included for all our clients
- Flexible arrangements working on-site or remote
- Boutique services, so that you don’t pay for services you don’t need
- One-on-one support & training for your staff
- We provide you with expert-level resources with real world experience