What Are Managed IT Services?
The term “managed IT services” refers to IT services that are provided by a Managed Service Provider (MSP) rather than an in-house IT team. Essentially, you hire an outside company to provide you with some – or all – of the IT services that would otherwise be done by in-house IT personnel.
Managed IT services are especially popular with small businesses that do not have the budget to hire a large IT team. This is because it allows them to get the same level of support as an enterprise company at a much lower cost. Additionally, Managed IT services can fill the expertise gap often experienced by organizations without hiring highly paid technical specialists. Let’s take a deeper look at the benefits of managed IT services now.
What Are The Benefits Of Managed IT Services?
Wondering why managed IT services may be a good option for your company? Here are just a few of the benefits of this approach to IT.
- Higher cost-efficiency – Overall, managed IT services provide higher cost-efficiency compared to hiring internal workers, particularly for small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that cannot afford to hire a team of full-time IT workers. Highly experienced specialists are available from MSP’s that are often difficult for SMEs to attract and retain. Due to economies of scale, hiring an MSP (managed service provider) for IT is almost always less expensive.
- Avoid the cost of hiring & managing an internal tech team – The process of finding qualified IT workers, hiring them, training them, and bringing them up to speed with what’s happening in your organization can be very long and expensive – particularly if you hire one or more workers who aren’t a good fit.With managed IT services, you don’t have to worry about these issues – you’ll get a team of highly-qualified IT workers who can quickly adapt to your systems and provide excellent service.
- Reduce the workload of internal IT staff – If you already have internal IT staff members but they’re overburdened and can’t focus on high-priority projects, hiring an MSP to augment your tech team can free them up to work on projects that are more important for your company’s long-term goals – and reduce the time they spend on day-to-day IT administration.
How Can I Select The Best Managed Services Provider (MSP)?
Selecting the best MSP for your needs isn’t easy, and you should take care to make sure you choose a qualified, professional MSP to support your staff and provide you with excellent IT services. Here are a few tips that may help you choose the right service provider.
- Look for experience in your market or industry – First, make sure you’re looking for a service provider that has experience working in your particular market or industry – particularly if you use any unique or proprietary IT systems. If they don’t, they may not be a good fit for your company.
- Ask to interview current or past clients – This is the best way to learn more about a particular company’s services and approach to IT. Any reputable company would be more than happy to put you in touch with past clients or current customers who can discuss their services in further detail.
- Prioritize 24/7 support – You need your IT team to be ready to help at a moment’s notice, so always look for MSPs who offer 24/7 service with guaranteed availability. Your MSP should be remotely monitoring your networks at all times – and be ready to leap into action when there’s a problem.
Need Managed IT Services? Contact CDSI To Get Started Right Away!
Not sure which managed service provider is right for you? At CDSI, we’re experts in managed Database, Infrastructure, Security, storage services, and so much more –with offices in both Atlanta and Houston CDSI can easily provide services throughout the entire country.
With our team of experienced IT professionals on your side, you can get the most out of your investment in managed IT services. To get started and learn more about our managed IT services, feel free to contact us online and schedule a consultation with CDSI.