Effectively leverage your database to streamline operations
The amount of data most businesses have to handle these days is nothing short of impressive, and a bit concerning. Data is now a necessity to support several business operations, from improving marketing efforts to making the business more efficient, both internally and externally.
Data can help you achieve all of that, without proper database management in place, businesses can quickly become overwhelmed.
What Are the Common Issues with Database Management?
If businesses draw the line at the end of each year, they would have a better view of just how much the data volume they have to handle an increase.
While leveraging your database can help you improve your results and reach your goals, inefficient management can often have the opposite effect.
Here are some common database management problems businesses have to deal with:
- Effectively protecting their data from cyber threats, leaks, and other security issues;
- Having easy access to data and effectively using it when needed
- Controlling access to data across the entire organization;
- Setting up good backup systems to ensure data can be accessed, even if servers go down or there is a malfunction;
- Having the right hardware and software to support these activities, and staying on top of update requirements.
How Can You Address These Issues?
Database management is a complex endeavor. But the solutions to many of the database management problems many businesses face lie simply in who you work with.
Your database must be under close supervision and monitoring. Some upgrades or changes are recurrent and can be scheduled, but a lot of the time database management is a daily activity.
And businesses have 2 main options to address it:
- Hiring an in-house tech team: having a special department to handle all your database management needs is one of the best ways to make sure your data is protected, secured, and leveraged properly. The caveat here is that small businesses often cannot afford the cost of hiring a full tech team. Even small businesses can have huge needs when it comes to managing their data, which cannot be properly handled by just one staff member;
- Outsourcing a debatable management team - when you don’t necessarily have the funds to hire a full tech team, a package from an external company is your best bet. The issue here is that a lot of these service providers don’t necessarily closely monitor your database, you still might require some staff members for certain implementation needs.
What Can You Do?
It can be difficult for businesses with not a lot of money to spare to get a good grip on their database management needs. However, the right company can greatly support these efforts.
If you’re looking for such a team, we at Cornerstone Data Systems take a hands-on approach to helping our clients address their database management needs, with personalized advice as well as help implement the necessary improvements.
Contact us today to find out more about our services and how we can help.
WHY COMPANIES CHOOSE US
- We provide a personalized experience
- Thought & strategic leadership is included for all our clients
- Flexible arrangements working on-site or remote
- Boutique services, so that you don't pay for services you don't need
- One-on-one support & training for your staff
- We provide you with expert-level resources with real world experience
NEXT STEPS - (888)-429-5322