Oracle Exadata Sales and Licensing
Enterprise companies looking for unparalleled computing capacity, expandable storage, and a highly-redundant design should look no further than the Oracle Exadata family of servers and databases.
These powerful servers are designed for flexibility and business agility – and are perfect for payment processing, Big Data, and dozens of other business applications. Learn more about Oracle Exadata and its benefits now.
Oracle Exadata Servers – Next-Generation Computing For Tomorrow’s Businesses
The Oracle Exadata server system, first introduced in 2008, is Oracle’s most powerful, extensible, and flexible product line, and is intended for mission-critical computing. This pre-configured, pre-tested system boasts some seriously impressive technical specifications.
The Oracle Exadata system has a capacity of up to 4.8 million 8K database read I/O operations, or 4.3 million 8K flash write I/O operations per second, per rack. In total, this system can support up to 912 CPU cores and 2.1 TB of memory per rack, with storage capabilities of up to 920 TB of flash storage, and 2.1 PB of disk-based storage.
And, due to the use of proprietary InfiniBand data transfer technology, communication between disk storage, memory, and the computing cores of the server is lighting-fast and completely reliable.
For full specifications for the Oracle Exadata family of servers, we recommend visiting this link. You can download full spec sheets, learn more about the configuration options for each server, and get further documentation and details.
The Benefits Of Using Oracle Exadata Servers
So, why should you invest in your own Oracle Exadata server? Here are just a few of the benefits that your business will enjoy when using one of these advanced database systems.
- Flexible and usable for any workload – The Oracle Exadata family of servers can support any Oracle database workload. These servers are commonly used for payment processing, and for data warehousing, as well as in-memory analytics. It also supports most legacy Oracle databases, and has easy-to-use migration tools that can help you consolidate your workload, and eliminate outdated, slow, or unreliable IT infrastructure.
- Completely redundant system – Redundancy is absolutely critical in any server that’s handling mission-critical transactions and data. A data breach, loss, or even simple server downtime can cost your company an enormous amount of money. A study by Gartner showed that, at an average company, 1 minute of downtime can cost up to $5,600 per minute. Due to its redundant storage and computing design, the Oracle Exadata family of servers offers completely unparalleled uptime. And with simple, cloud-based administration tools, it’s easy to upgrade and maintain your server, ensuring that you can avoid potentially catastrophic system downtime.
- Extremely high data transfer rates – The Oracle X7-2 supports QDR data transfer rates of up to 40 Gbps. In addition, its SQL uncompressed I/O bandwidth of up to 350 GB per second for each full rack makes it one of the fastest servers on the market.
- Easily customizable and expandable – Multiple Oracle Exadata servers can be networked using InfiniBand cables and internal switches. Up to 18 total X7-2 racks or Exadata Storage Expansion Racks can be connected in this manner, and larger installations can be connected with external InfiniBand switches. No matter how much your company grows, your Oracle Exadata server will be able to grow with you.
For these reasons – and many more – an Oracle Exadata server is a fantastic investment, and a great way to ensure that your company has the tools and IT infrastructure it needs to keep up in today’s competitive, globalized business environment.
Oracle Exadata Products
Whether you’d prefer to purchase your own on-premises server, pay for cloud services, or use a hybrid system, Oracle offers an Exadata product that’s right for you.
- Oracle Exadata On Premises – For customers who wish to have complete control over their own servers and keep them behind their firewalls, this is the best option. Oracle simply sells you Exadata servers, and you install and run them in your own datacenter.
- Oracle Exadata Cloud Service – Oracle also offers the IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) Oracle Exadata Cloud Service. If you choose this product, you’ll be able to use Oracle-hosted Exadata servers with a pay-as-you-go subscription model, ensuring that you don’t overspend on your IT infrastructure.
- Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer – In this hybrid model, recently introduced in 2017, Oracle will install your Exadata server in your data center, and then take care of maintenance and database management. You’ll pay a flat, month-to-month fee for this service.
Interested In Buying Your Own Oracle Exadata Server? Contact Us Now!
As a certified Oracle partner, Cornerstone is here to help you get the IT system and infrastructure that your business needs. If you think that an Oracle Exadata system may be the right choice for you, feel free to inquire on this page for further details, or contact us.
WHY COMPANIES CHOOSE US
- We provide a personalized experience
- Thought & strategic leadership is included for all our clients
- Flexible arrangements working on-site or remote
- Boutique services, so that you don't pay for services you don't need
- One-on-one support & training for your staff
- We provide you with expert-level resources with real world experience