This is particularly true due to the rise of AI and Machine Learning, as well as Big Data. These innovations require huge amounts of data, which must be processed in near-real time. And that’s why Oracle has created the Exadata Database Machine – to arm modern businesses with the tools and hardware they need to continue innovating, and building the future. Learn more about this high-tech server solution from Oracle now.
What is Oracle Exadata?
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is a powerful, next-generation database that is specifically built to offer incredible performance, cost effectiveness, and availability for Oracle database applications.
Exadata uses a modern, cloud-based architecture which can be used to integrate on-premises servers with off-site, cloud-based servers, and features intelligent, scale-out storage using hyperfast PCI flash storage, as well as proprietary InfiniBand technology, which connects networking, storage, and computing together to provide higher overall performance and work capacity.
Exadata servers can be used to run any type of Oracle database workload. They are popularly used for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehousing (DW) and are also used for in-memory analytics. An Exadata server can also be used to unite disparate workloads from other, outdated servers – and run them all on the same hardware, which simplifies administration and helps reduce operating costs.
Exadata Vs. Oracle Database Appliance: What’s The Difference?
Simply put? Scale. Oracle Exadata appliances are intended to provide unbeatable performance for modern computing and database processing workloads, and have much better scalability, compared to traditional Oracle Database Appliances.
Just how much faster is an Exadata X7-2 database, compared to an Oracle Database Appliance like the X7-2-HA? Let’s get into the details now.
- Supports up to 912 CPU cores and 28.5 TB of memory/rack for processing database requests, with up to 360 CPU cores/rack dedicated exclusively to SQL processing
- Up to 920 TB of raw flash storage capacity/rack
- Up to 2.1 PB of raw disk storage capacity/rack
- Hybrid Columnar Compression delivers a compression ratio of 10X-15X
- 40 Gb/second quad data rate (QDR) using the InfiniBand network
- Completely redundant architecture for high availability and uptime
Database Appliance X7-2-HA
- 72 Intel Xeon processor cores
- Base 768 GB of memory, expandable to 1.5TB
- 2TB SSDs for 16 TB of capacity for raw data storage, expandable up to 64 TB
- Supports up to 10 additional 10TB HDDs for a total raw disk storage capacity of 64tb
As you can see, while the Oracle Database Appliance X7-2-HA provides plenty of computing power and storage space for smaller businesses, it cannot compare to the raw processing power offered by the Exadata X7-2.
Available Oracle Exadata Products
Those who are interested in purchasing an Oracle Exadata server have several different options, as follows:
- Oracle Exadata On Premises – This option allows you to purchase an Oracle Exadata server and use it on your own, on-premises data center. You will manage your own server infrastructure and architecture, and pay for the full price of purchasing and operating your new server.
- Oracle Exadata Cloud Service – This subscription-based service allows you to take advantage of an Oracle Exadata appliance running in a dedicated Oracle datacenter. It’s subscription-based, and your hardware will be managed by Oracle to ensure optimum system uptime and performance. You pay only for the capacity you use – making this a very flexible and scalable option for enterprise companies of all sizes.
- Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer – This unique, on-premises solution allows you to choose a flexible subscription, and keep your IT systems behind your own firewall. Your system is installed in your own data center, but managed by Oracle – with a pay-as-you-go subscription, simple database migration, and powerful cloud-based administration tools.
Regardless of the system you choose, you’re sure to benefit from the high computing power, scalability, and versatility of the Oracle Exadata line of products.
How To Get Started – Purchase An Oral Exadata Database Machine Today
If you are interested in learning more about Oracle Exadata database solutions, Cornerstone is the ideal choice. As a certified Oracle partner, we’re experts when it comes to Oracle databases – and we can help you choose the product that’s right for your company.
To get started, learn more about the Oracle Exadata products we offer at this link, and inquire about setting up a meeting with our team. If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch online.